Seven generations from Jabez Hackett is LaFrancis Elmer Hackett (1839-1920), my Yankee great great grandfather who was a soldier in the Civil War from the state of Ohio. I have a website on his unit, the 5th Independent Company Ohio Sharpshooters. His mother was Electa Sabin who was a cousin to her husband, Gain Robinson Hackett. Her grandmother Bethany Fuller was a sister to Gain's mother, Mercy Fuller. And it gets even scarier when you realize than Bethany's husband, Levi Wood was a cousin to Bethany and Mercy, and that George Hackett, Mercy's husband, was a cousin to Levi Wood and the Fuller Girls. So the Sabins have intermarried with the Hacketts, or is it the Fullers' have intermarried with the Hacketts...
This next branch in the Hackett line belongs to Electa's family, the Sabins. The founder of the Sabins here in America is William Sabin. As I recall he came over from England mid-1660s like Jabez Hackett and stayed sometime in Plymouth Colony in Massachusetts as did Jabez Hackett. I will be returning to Plymouth Colony at a later point with the Fuller family, the Cooke family, the Howland family, the Browne Family, the Billington Family, and the Tilley family, all of Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts, and all who came over in 1620 on a little ship called the Mayflower, but back to William Sabin:
Descendants of William Sabin
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 SABIN was born 1609, and died Abt. 1686. He married MARY WRIGHT, daughter of RICHARD WRIGHT and MARGARET. She was born 1620, and died Abt. 1662.
Child of WILLIAM SABIN and MARY WRIGHT is:
2. i. SAMUEL2 SABIN, SR., b. 1640; d. 23 September 1699.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL2 SABIN, SR. (WILLIAM1) was born 1640, and died 23 September 1699. He married MARY BILLINGTON, daughter of FRANCIS BILLINGTON and CHRISTIAN EATON. She was born 1640, and died Aft. 28 June 1717.
Child of SAMUEL SABIN and MARY BILLINGTON is:
3. i. ISRAEL3 SABIN, b. 08 June 1673; d. Aft. 1718.
Generation No. 3
3. ISRAEL3 SABIN (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 08 June 1673, and died Aft. 1718. He married MARY ORMSBY, daughter of JOHN ORMSBY and GRACE MARTIN.
Child of ISRAEL SABIN and MARY ORMSBY is:
4. i. JOSIAH4 SABIN, b. 1705; d. 1752.
Generation No. 4
4. JOSIAH4 SABIN (ISRAEL3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1705, and died 1752. He married MARY GAY.
Child of JOSIAH SABIN and MARY GAY is:
5. i. ISRAEL5 SABIN, b. 1730; d. 1761.
Generation No. 5
5. ISRAEL5 SABIN (JOSIAH4, ISRAEL3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1730, and died 1761. He married AVIS BENNETT, daughter of WILLIAM BENNETT and ELIZABETH GREEN.
Child of ISRAEL SABIN and AVIS BENNETT is:
6. i. ISRAEL6 SABIN, b. 1752; d. 1838.
Generation No. 6
6. ISRAEL6 SABIN (ISRAEL5, JOSIAH4, ISRAEL3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1752, and died 1838. He married HANNAH 1786. She died 1812.
Child of ISRAEL SABIN and HANNAH is:
7. i. STEPHEN7 SABIN, b. 1790, Connecticut; d. 01 January 1852, Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan.
Generation No. 7
7. STEPHEN7 SABIN (ISRAEL6, ISRAEL5, JOSIAH4, ISRAEL3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1790 in Connecticut, and died 01 January 1852 in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan. He married HANNAH WOOD 17 November 1810 in Macedon, Wayne County, New York, daughter of LEVI WOOD and BETHANY FULLER. She was born 24 September 1789, and died 27 August 1858 in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan.
Notes for STEPHEN SABIN:
Stephen Sabin is descended from John and Elinor Billington who crossed to Plimouth, Massachusetts in 1620 on the Mayflower.
Child of STEPHEN SABIN and HANNAH WOOD is:
8. i. ELECTA8 SABIN, b. 25 May 1815, Ontario County, New York; d. 01 July 1897, Lorain County, Ohio.
Generation No. 8
8. ELECTA8 SABIN (STEPHEN7, ISRAEL6, ISRAEL5, JOSIAH4, ISRAEL3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 25 May 1815 in Ontario County, New York, and died 01 July 1897 in Lorain County, Ohio. She married GAIN ROBINSON HACKETT 13 September 1832 in Lorain County, Ohio, son of GEORGE HACKETT and MERCY FULLER. He was born 13 August 1810 in Manchester, Ontario County, New York, and died 16 March 1855 in Lorain County, Ohio.
Children of ELECTA SABIN and GAIN HACKETT are:
i. ZEBINA9 HACKETT.
9. ii. MARY C. HACKETT, b. 26 August 1836, Lorain County, Ohio; d. 12 May 1908, Columbia Hills Corner Cemetery, Lorain County, Ohio.
10. iii. LAFRANCIS ELMER HACKETT, b. 22 June 1839, Lorain County, Ohio; d. 19 June 1920, Wheeler, Gratiot County, Michigan.
iv. STEPHAN HACKETT, d. 31 May 1845, Westview, Old Baker, Hoadley, Columbia Twp, Lorain Cty, Ohio.
11. v. EMILY H. HACKETT, b. Abt. 1847, Lorain County, Ohio; d. Bet. 1895 - 1912, Possibly St. Joseph, Michigan (unknown if City or County).
vi. SARAH L. HACKETT, b. Abt. 1849; d. 06 March 1865, 16y, Westview, Old Baker, Hoadley, Columbia Twp, Lorian Cty, Ohio.
vii. LAURA HACKETT.