Electa Sabin's grandfather was Levi Wood,1756-1833. He was born in Massachusetts and moved to New York State where he was an early settler of Macedon, Ontario County. During his lifetime there in Ontario County, he saw the Erie Canal put through the County and saw Joseph Smith begin the faith of the Latter Day Saints, two pivotal moments in American history. Levi Wood was also a veteran of the American Revolution War and served between 1778 and 1780. At about 1799 or 1800 he and his family became members of the Baptist Church. After Levi's death in 1833, his wife and most of his 11 children and families moved to Lorain County, Ohio, and several moved on to Hillsdale County, Michigan in the 1840s. Bethany Fuller, Levi Wood's widow is buried in Hillsdale County.
Descendants of James Wood
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 WOOD He married EXPERIENCE FULLER, daughter of SAMUEL FULLER and ELIZABETH BOWEN.
Child of JAMES WOOD and EXPERIENCE FULLER is:
2. i. JONATHAN2 WOOD.
Generation No. 2
2. JONATHAN2 WOOD (JAMES1) He married PERSIS ROBBINS, daughter of JEDUTHAN ROBBINS and HANNAH PRATT. She was born 27 November 1699.
Child of JONATHAN WOOD and PERSIS ROBBINS is:
3. i. JEDEDIAH3 WOOD, b. 25 May 1728, Middleboro, Massachusetts; d. Aft. 1775, Macedon, Wayne Cty, New York.
Generation No. 3
3. JEDEDIAH3 WOOD (JONATHAN2, JAMES1) was born 25 May 1728 in Middleboro, Massachusetts, and died Aft. 1775 in Macedon, Wayne Cty, New York. He married KEZIAH SAMPSON 26 September 1752 in Middleboro, Massachusetts, daughter of SETH SAMPSON and RUTH BARROWS.
Child of JEDEDIAH WOOD and KEZIAH SAMPSON is:
4. i. LEVI4 WOOD, b. 12 December 1756; d. 10 August 1833, Macedon, Wayne Cty, New York.
Generation No. 4
4. LEVI4 WOOD (JEDEDIAH3, JONATHAN2, JAMES1) was born 12 December 1756, and died 10 August 1833 in Macedon, Wayne Cty, New York. He married BETHANY FULLER 17 June 1787, daughter of JOHN FULLER. She was born 1766, and died 1846 in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan.
Child of LEVI WOOD and BETHANY FULLER is:
5. i. HANNAH5 WOOD, b. 24 September 1789; d. 27 August 1858, Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan.
Generation No. 5
5. HANNAH5 WOOD (LEVI4, JEDEDIAH3, JONATHAN2, JAMES1) was born 24 September 1789, and died 27 August 1858 in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan. She married STEPHEN SABIN 17 November 1810 in Macedon, Wayne County, New York, son of ISRAEL SABIN and HANNAH. He was born 1790 in Connecticut, and died 01 January 1852 in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Cty, Michigan.
Notes for STEPHEN SABIN:
Stephen Sabin is descended from John and Elinor Billington who crossed to Plimouth, Massachusetts in 1620 on the Mayflower.
Child of HANNAH WOOD and STEPHEN SABIN is:
6. i. ELECTA6 SABIN, b. 25 May 1815, Ontario County, New York; d. 01 July 1897, Lorain County, Ohio.
Generation No. 6
6. ELECTA6 SABIN (HANNAH5 WOOD, LEVI4, JEDEDIAH3, JONATHAN2, JAMES1) was born 25 May 1815 in Ontario County, New York, and died 01 July 1897 in Lorain County, Ohio. She married GAIN ROBINSON HACKETT 13 September 1832 in Lorain County, Ohio, son of GEORGE HACKETT and MERCY FULLER. He was born 13 August 1810 in Manchester, Ontario County, New York, and died 16 March 1855 in Lorain County, Ohio.
Children of ELECTA SABIN and GAIN HACKETT are:
i. ZEBINA7 HACKETT.
7. ii. MARY C. HACKETT, b. 26 August 1836, Lorain County, Ohio; d. 12 May 1908, Columbia Hills Corner Cemetery, Lorain County, Ohio.
8. iii. LAFRANCIS ELMER HACKETT, b. 22 June 1839, Lorain County, Ohio; d. 19 June 1920, Wheeler, Gratiot County, Michigan.
iv. STEPHAN HACKETT, d. 31 May 1845, Westview, Old Baker, Hoadley, Columbia Twp, Lorain Cty, Ohio.
9. v. EMILY H. HACKETT, b. Abt. 1847, Lorain County, Ohio; d. Bet. 1895 - 1912, Possibly St. Joseph, Michigan (unknown if City or County).
vi. SARAH L. HACKETT, b. Abt. 1849; d. 06 March 1865, 16y, Westview, Old Baker, Hoadley, Columbia Twp, Lorian Cty, Ohio.
vii. LAURA HACKETT.